“If we teach today as if we taught yesterday, we would rob our children of tomorrow.” – John Dewey
TIS libraries are continuously transforming and evolving to promote and support student achievement and success. This year, TIS libraries have introduced iPADs for students to access over three hundred interactive books, Internet sites, and specialized learning apps. Students can use the iPADs to inquire, practice skills, create and communicate their learning while developing their literacy and critical thinking skills.
Today’s students want to be able to learn any time and anywhere. Our library ‘s support of student learning does not stop once students leave our doors. They can access information on mobile devices and can connect with our web resources wherever they are.
Did you know that TIS students can access our library catalogue, and ebooks, through a free downloadable app? With the new Destiny Quest mobile app, students can search and access library resources in a way like never before–from their iOS or Android mobile devices.
Destiny Quest App
Destiny Quest is a 21-century library interface that students can:
- See the top 10 books currently circulating in our library.
- See the latest arrivals in our library.
- Create reading lists with the new drag and drop feature.
- Check their account so you know what you have checked out and when it is due!
- Easily see if a book they want is available.
- Narrow search results with ease by author, subject, series, AR level.
- Use scrolling carousel to easily browse your search results.
- Get reading suggestions
- Post book reviews.
- Add holds to books they want!
- Access e books
- Research on-line with access to age appropriate/ approved website database
Follett Digital Reader App
TIS Book Shelf – https://wbb11762.follettshelf.com
TIS Follett Book Shelf students can:
- Read online or download books for offline reading
- Automatic eBook returns after the loan period expires
- Interface designed specifically for tablet experience with intuitive gestures for page turning and page zoom
- Online features: Bookmark, Search, Dictionary, Book Info, Table of Contents, Note Taking and Highlighting
For further information of how to use the Destiny App, or the Follett Digital Reader App, please access the TIS Library Webpage at www.forum.tis.edu.mo/milligan under library updates.